It is really a question of discovering the real artistry in a person (everyone has it but often deeply buried) and then liberating this—it is, I suppose enabling someone (or indeed oneself) to become more fully alive.
My Approach to Treatment
- I have advanced training in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy, Relational Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy, and Mentalization Based Therapy (MBT).
Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy involves working in depth so that we can understand the origins of your emotional pain, rather than just treat your symptoms.
This way of working also looks at relationship patterns that might be creating difficulties and is very effective in treating a variety of issues, including anxiety,
depression, PTSD, emotional difficulties, fear of intimacy, feeling stuck or held back, or just feeling like you want a second chance at life.
This approach may be a good fit for you if short-term approaches, like CBT, have not been helpful enough and/or you are looking for deep long lasting change.
These types of therapy been shown to be more effective than other types of treatment when there are personality factors or relationship issues that are keeping
your symptoms in place.
Working in this way goes beyond symptom relief and also facilitates a greater self-awareness and ability to relate with authenticity.
Mentalization Based Therapy (MBT)
- Helps you better understand behavior (both of yourself and others) by seeing the desires, needs, feelings, beliefs and reasons behind the behaviors.
- Improves the quality of relationships and focuses on relationship attachment styles.
- Replaces rigidity with more playful and creative ways of being in the world.
- I take your privacy very seriously. I understand that you need your confidentiality to be safeguarded in order to speak freely and do this type of work.